Tuesday 22 January 2013

A trip to the caves...Batu Caves


Well, had a class trip with me classmates to Batu Caves!! (Yes, after 18 years of living as a Malaysian, I have never stepped foot into this AMAZING place.....until this)

Anyways, it was an interesting trip. Took the train from Teluk Gadong train station, (costed me about RM4 all the way to Batu Caves). Met up with my friends at Subang station before proceeding straight to Batu Caves. Once we got there, we walked for about...well, 3 minutes?? The station is very very very very close to the temple. In fact, once you're out of the station, you're in Batu Caves.


Well, these two pics are the statues that you see outside of Batu Caves. The one on the left is the one nearest to the train station. (I'm sorry, I'm Chinese, so I don't really know who is this) Anyway, the one on the right is the Murugan, one of the Hindu gods. This statue (according to my friend), is the biggest and is made out of gold (I seriously don't know, my friend (an Indian) told me this)

Anyway, Batu Caves is very much animal friendly. Like the birdie up here! :) We saw this bird perched on a rock near the pond filled with Koi fishes. Found it pretty cute. Heheh

Yup, we're about a quarter way up the caves. See that person squatting in the middle there? Yup, that's my friend taking our picture. :P


Animal friendly place! Monkeyyy!!

This is the entrance to the temple. Look at the stalagmite!! (I think it's stalagmite, right? Someone correct me? X.)


Okay, anyway, I have no idea what's wrong with this bird....The head's abit...misplaced....It's like...I dunno...odd....

It's the light at the end of the tunnelll!!!!! HAHAHA, no lah, just that we sort of reached the temple....or the peak, I dunno.

 The top view of the 'peak'. I like coz it's like a window. :) Anyway, the view of the cave is just magnificient. I would recommend this place for a short trip. You can just climb up, look around, take pictures, and hope that your bag doesn't get raped by monkeys. :P

Really, watch out for monkeys grabbing things. Saw a monkey snatch a man's glasses away....Sad case, though he did get his glasses back in the end. Cheeky monkeys.

XD




No comments:

Post a Comment