Monday 3 June 2013

Just realised.

Just remembered that I needed to share this out in case anyone out here suffers the similar problem as what I did previously.

If you have a Samsung laptop working with Windows 8 as its platform, and you attempted to play Dota 2 and it lags like hell- where you even reduced its videos specs and whatsoever-shit did not help, you might wanna try uninstalling the Samsung Support Centre program.

I have a Samsung Series 5 Ultrabook with an Nvidia Geforce GT620M graphics card, 6GB RAM working on a Windows 8 platform. (I've had the same laptop previously, except it was working under a Windows 7 platform until it got stolen *curses that dude*). So, obviously I installed the games I've had before in my previous baby (sorry, that's what I call my laptops. :X)

It worked pretty well for Skyrim, and I had no problem with my DmC either (okay, maybe a little lag). However, when it came to Dota 2, it lagged like hell. I reduced every shit I could, and it was obviously not my network connection (it was freaking Unifi - that's one of the fastest internet service provider thingy in M'sia). So, I actually lost hope at one point, giving up playing Dota 2 for over a month. And then more problems arose

Firstly, my computer gave me notifications that a blue screen had occurred and I can tell you that it was COMPLETELY RANDOM. I would be doing my work halfway and then it'll just go like:

*bling*
"A blue screen had occurred. Please remove any programs or files that could cause this problem"

It scared the SHIT out of me and so I checked around, did a virus scan with BitDefender and found nothing. Then I wasn't very used to BitDefender, so I uninstalled it and took Avira instead.

That's when the second problem came up.
My baby gave me another notification:

*bling*
"Too many anti virus programs can lead to problems. Click here to resolve"

I was like....O.O
Didn't I uninstall the previous one? I checked my programs and features and was damn sure I had BitDefender uninstalled. I just ignored it because my laptop had not much of a prob despite the annoyance of the notifications.

Then came problem number 3....gods....
This affected my internet browsers.

I thought it was some internet connection at first (at that time, my housemates sapped the internet speed =.=)
But I realised that it wasn't the internet connection problem- it was something got to do with my computer.

I had to refresh a certain page (*ahemfacebookahem*)....okay, not only a certain page...several pages (*ahemtwitterahem* *ahemyoutubeahem*)
It caused so much of problems because I can't seem to completely load a page without refreshing it at least 3 times!
I thought it was Windows 8's problem of being unstable, so I tried being patient, tried living with whatever shit it threw at me until I couldn't take it....

That's when I finally turned to Google...==
and I came upon this site:

erin-orourke.com/2013/02/02/cache-corruption-issue-samsung-support-center/

OMG. This person's post saved my life. Apparently the Samsung Support Center was giving the laptop a lot of problems. So, all you have to do is to uninstall it and for me, it just cleaned away all of the problems above -
My Dota 2 was up running smoothly with max specs,
I didn't have to refresh a single page thrice at least,
and I didn't have any of those annoying notifications..

Life....just got on the right track again..

So, hope this helps for those seeking for some sort of solution involving a Samsung laptop, Windows 8 and Samsung Support Center.

Cheers! ^^


No comments:

Post a Comment